sábado, 31 de enero de 2015

How to become an elf

Since the most part of people from The Silmarillion fandom I've known speaks English, I'm gonna write this entry only in English. Excuse me for that because my English can be such a mess.
So yes, I'm making my first elf cosplay, of one of my favourite elves and my favourite Silmarillion character:


The bling bling motherfucker noldor king

Okay, I'll start by saying that I've completely invented the costume design (as it's obvious) and I've been making some changes in the main design so I can't show you any sketch or something like that. I'll just keep you updated with my wip photos and so on. 
Let's start with the online shopping list:
  • Lace front black wig
  • Grey lenses (those that I'm almost always wearing but since it's been a year I've been wearing them, I must order new ones)
  • Elven ears
  • Platforms (Because we don't want Fëanor to be a hobbit)
It can seem a cheap list but the wig and the platforms are f*cking expensive so it won't be a cheap cosplay.

For the tunic I bought 4 meters of red velvet. This fabric is gorgeous, I love it.


I've also made the crown but I still have to add some gems on it, so it's not finished yet.


I've also received my elven ears, they're awesome <3


I've been sewing lately, but I won't post any photo until the next post, where I'll also do a Fëanor costest (wig, make-up, lenses & ears) so keep tuned! :)

2 comentarios:

  1. The crown looks great already :D
    oh and i just saw you went to Super show 5 in london too :D yay for elf~ and elves~ :P

    www.dinosaursarejjang.blogspot.com

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you so much! :D I'm glad you like it. Do you know this character?
      Yup! It was a great experience for me. Did you go as well? :)

      Eliminar